View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Connie, I'm glad things are getting better - hope they continue to do so. You are such a trooper, dealing with your own health issues, your Dad's and those of others. I know that when my Dad was sick, it tore me apart. I hope he gets completely better.

Please read this. I think everyone should read prescribing info, even though it's hard to get through.

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-5686...0&pagenumber=5

The other thing Morphine does, which is really bad for people with MG, is to make muscles weaker. Pain killers also slow peristalsis (the way food gets moved through the intestines) way down. I have to wonder if the Morphine is to blame for the drop in O2 stats. Morphine caused me to have moderately severe breathing and stopped up my intestines. Those protein fruit drinks they have in the hospital is what worked to get things moving.

I've made those "deals" too. I rather doubt anyone, especially your Mom, would do okay without you!!!! Geez. Every single person on earth is important. Look what you've done for that ALS/MG guy's Dad. No one deserves to suffer or die and it's so damn hard to deal with it, especially when it's happening to a parent.

I hope you are feeling okay, besides being so morose! Seriously though, lots of thoughts coming your way and I hope that all of you will be better.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (10-18-2009)