View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 07:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadiee-x View Post
Hi, me again :P

Try not to stress yourself out, you will only make yourself freak out just before surgery.

I had my first surgery when I was a little stinker but when I go in for my revisions now, I go in thinking 'I'm going to come out better than i am going in.'

You will see what I mean, when you come out feeling like a whole new person.
Of course, being your first surgery, you will be a bit tender for a few days to a couple of weeks, and your head may need some getting used to the pressure change. But hey, gives you an excuse to lounge around doing nothing but relaxing

Whether things go wrong, we come through stronger. I promise you.
Each time a new problem comes up with me, I go into hospital feeling that little more positive than before. You overcome the anxiety.

If you want something to look forward to, its got to be the anesthetic :P
But if I were you, I wouldnt answer the questions they ask you just as youre drifting off, you may feel as if you are sleeping, but you carry on babbling and saying things you really wish you hadnt said, when youre reminded what you said. Ive said a few things that i will never live down, eg: 'I love Dr.Moore!!' Dr moore, was an old chap, an opthamologist. Just lucky I had chose the guy that wasnt in the theatre at the time!!
Ive learnt to ignore the questions now, just to keep my dignity

Best of luck to you, I wish you world of best wishes and pray for you to overcome this anxiety.
Youre stronger than you think. Most people would bottle the thought of a brain operation, but given the chance to feel better, you have taken it. Believe me, youre strong and youre going to be fine
Dear Jadiee-X,

Thanks so much for your wonderful and truthful words. All that you said made a lot of sense and gave me a lot of hope. Thanks for telling me that I am stronger that what I think. I see the examples of people here everyday and I wonder if I can be the same way. Thanks a lot. You also made me smile. Both replies made me laugh and smile today and that is priceless. God bless you always. I feel that I can go through it because you guys also did it. I feel that I can go this time, and if needed another and another because we are stronger that what we think like you said. I wish I could keep this feeling and though in my head all the time until tuesday. But if I can't, I will log in again and read your words.
WOW. How inspirational this site is. And how much help you guys are giving me and everybody else that read them. We are afraid, but knowing of people that went through already through the same or even worst stuff , we find, the hidden strenght that will take to the Operation Room.
I don't know your names, neither where you guys are, but I swear, you are a very important part of my days and nights now. And I bet to other people too.
Thanks again. Can't thank you enough. I wish I can help you back somehow.
Many, many hugs and you are in my prayers now and forever.
floridahydrowoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote