View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 02:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi HubbyWith,

That's for sharing your story! What a story!

Isn't it amazing how one time you can "get away" with doing something, & the next time "all hell breaks out" (i.e., your Hubby's 1st surgery was ok)?

Thanks for sharing his meds. Can he sleep when he takes Zanaflex? I've developed severe headaches & neck pain, I thought due to the sprained neck I got at time of injury. But I recently read Dr. Hooshwhatever's info and he said RSD in the arm/shoulder goes up into the back of the head causing occipital headaches. Which is what I have!

Usually my Ortho just had me on Soma, & I can't tell if that works. But when I had a severe headache I went to a PM doc on my own (WC won't cover him anymore - but he's trustworthy so I paid case to see him), and they gave me a Toradol (?) shot, and Zanaflex.

When they got bad again a few months later, my regular Ortho gave me Baclofen, when works just as well as the Zanaflex on my neck spasms, but I can't sleep at all when I take them. I don't remember this problem with the Zanaflex, but I was on a high dose of Lyrica at that time, and I've cut back since I'm not in a severe flare right now.

Also, they don't have me on a anti-flammatory (like Ibruprofen). Maybe I'll ask about it. I don't think my Ortho really knows how to treat RSD. When I hear of something & tell him he seems to be ok with trying it.

Your poor Hubby really must have suffered with that chemical burn! It sounds like a horror movie! I'm so sorry! How old are your kids?

My two sons have both been married for about 20 yrs. I have 5 grandkids. The youngest, Matt 11, is going to have surgery on a lymph node in his arm soon. There's a chance it could be Leukemia. We're praying.

I rarely see my family since RSD. I have to drive with only my left hand, which has of course caused problems in that elbow & shoulder also. I have a special pillow for my right arm to rest on so it doesn't "hang".

How does your hubby drive? Can he at all?? He's a blessed man to have such a caring wife!! You are special!!

Take care,

Denise
Denise G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (03-20-2014), loretta (12-28-2012)