View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 12:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wow

I've had 3, the most recent was today at 4pm, and, with the exception of relatively minor discomfort at the injection site, I've had really no pain at all. I would NEVER do it without sedation, ever! The sedation that I have is really easy. I go in, lay down on the table, they put a syringe into my IV, and off I go to sleep. Procedure takes about 30-40 minutes and I usually wake up withing 15 minutes of the end of the procedure. Today, I woke up, ate some crackers and had some ginger ale and was immediately ready to leave. I was groggy for an hour or so, but other than that, I'm feeling pretty good. Legs are still warm, a good sign, and no pain in the RSD leg at all at the moment.

I can't imagine why you've had such horrible experiences with them, but maybe you want to talk to a different doc or something? I do highly recommend the sedation, though, just in case it has something to do with the way your brain is responding to experience as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stllaborette View Post
I have had two lumbar sympathetic nerve blocks I am supposed to have another in 2 weeks.
The first one was bad. I kept asking is it going to get worse and hurry. The second one was unbearable. I yelled cryed and was breathing so hard the dr. made me feel bad and said It sounds like you are having a baby. Are they supposed to be so bad? I'm not a big baby, I have had shots in my heels, shoulders, wrists, spinal things for my lower back and have never felt anything so horrible. I cried all the way home and slept for 2 days, I think from shock. Anyone else have this?
dessteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote