Thread: venting!!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
I haven't been on in a while because I just have not been feeling real great both emotionally and physcially. I had my second appeal hearing with Blue Cross on Friday and the MD (director) of my appeal could not have been more of a pompouos ***! (sorry for the language).
He treated me like I did not know anything. He asked me why I was not in Dr. Schwartzman's ketamine research that was currently being done. I asked him if he read the research I had sent him previously for which I got a rude I read everything. I told him I thought the research I sent him was done and quoted in the literature. He said the literature he was reading was updated 10/09. Turns out at the end of the meeting he realized it was last updated in 4/09.
If I told you what I truly felt about the guy, I might not be able to post anymore. He actually tried to tell me I might be in the study and not know it. I'm a nurse and know that this is impossible but ask me why all I could do at the hearing was cry (It seems I do a lot of that lately, like right now). Who do these Dr's think they are. I know he is working for Blue Cross and it is his job to save them money but that is no way to treat people. Let along sick people (jerk). I am not holding out too much hope that my treatments will be reinstated. By the way I have a sister-in-law that is a doc and is going to help me send a complaint to the ethical committee of the AMA. (my first time ever doing anything like that)

I am so tired of being sick and tired. I try to take each day as it comes but lately I keep thinking how I'm going to live like this forever. The pain is so bad most days. Sorry to sound so depressing not my usual self. I am starting to see a therapist next Monday. I am hoping it helps me cope. Ok enough griping!

I saw Dr. Schwartzman on Monday. He changed my meds to Neurotin 300mg at bedtime and Elavil 25mg at bedtime. He told me to stop the Ultram I was taking (50 mg two times a day). He said it will end up tearing up my stomach. I was taking Nortriptyline 100 mg before with the Ultram and for the last two days the pain has been worse. I also have a feeling in my throat in chest that feels like I have been out in the cold breathing in cold air (sound familiar to anyone?) Does anyone know if all the increased symptoms may be my body adjusting to the change in meds? Any info would be appreciated!

I thank god there are people who I can write to who understand. Everyone around me really trys but unless I experienced RSD I could never have imagined what it does to a person life.

Hanging in there (like we have a choice!)
hopeful not sticking true to my name today am I?
Hi Hopeful and Welcome,
I'm glad you could vent with us. We desparately need to do that at times.I'm so sorry about your battle with Blue Cross. It's good you are filing a complaint. It was 4 years before I was diagnosed. I had a wrong diagnosis and cost me full use of my left hand. It is paratially paralyzed due to delay of treatment. But I'm grateful I am mobile. I've had RSD 14 years and now full body and internal. I have a wonderful Dr. and am doing the best in 14 years.
I got the flu and was sick 3 months. Immune system is shot.
How did you get RSD and how long? What part of body? Mine was right after surgery-got frozen shoulder-too a lot of p.t. and massage therapy to get use of shoulder. Was in remission and then got frozen shoulder in the other side.
Are you seeing a psychologist? For me, that was very important. The loss we experience is really like a death. We grieve for the life we used to live. We go thru the stages of grief and it is helpful to have someone to help us.
Journaling has been a big help for me, writing down my feelings and pain, both emotionally and physically. My favorite music is a comfort for me as well as scented candles and reading, watching tv, writing cards to my friends.
Please know we all care what you are going thru. I agree with you, we could never understand what RSD is like unless we have it. This forum has wonderful caring and kind compassionate friends. They truly know what it is like to have so much pain, jolts, electric jerks, pain, burning hands and feet or cold to the bone pain. Take care of yourself. your friend loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-15-2009), fmichael (10-15-2009), SBOWLING (10-15-2009)