View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 05:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I also had the medtronics stimulator implanted last summer on a weekend trial for back and leg pain. The procedure took much longer than usual as they could not get the lead for my back in place -later told too much scar tissue there. Because you have to be awake it was quite a bad experience, though looking back now, quite comical at times - like when they thought they had the lead in place for my left leg and I felt the buzzing in my right butt cheek instead ! At one point the medtronics person told me jokingly this was all my fault because things were not lining up where they should have. Not sure but perhaps dermatone type things are as individual as eye color in people ? Maybe not that unique but surely there must be variation. So the weekend trial was a bust as they finally settled on a n area where I had to turn the amplitude up so high to feel it where I needed it that it was very uncomfortable.
Sorry so long - btw my doc says there is a new one out by a boston firm, not sure if its the one your're asking about and right now I can't recall the proper name, but its supposed to have very thin leads. And because the medtronic people were not very good apparently with many others besides me, he fired them.
Don't know as I would try it again for what thats worth.
jonnyrocket is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote