Thread: venting!!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Loretta,
I have no idea how you have gotten through 14 years of RSD. God bless you! They are not sure how I got RSD. I had an injury 15 years ago (torn a muscle in my low back lifting a patient) and they think maybe some of the symptoms I had back then were related to RSD. I also had a shin fracture about 2 years ago now and what ortho thought was a tear in my miniscus following the fracture (long time runner) and did not do a MRI because he said he would treat it with a shot of cortisone either way. I am now wondering if maybe that was the beginning of all of this. I believe they say you will have swelling close to the original injury with RSD.
Mine spread very quicklyl from my feet to legs, to arms and hands and right side of face. My origianl neurologist did a small nerve biopsy that was positive for small nerve neuropathy. Went for second opinion with Dr. Schwartzman and he diagnosed RSD. It has now moved to my chest and back. So after all that I guess the answer to your question is I have full body RSD.
I am actually seeing a psychologist on Monday for the first time. I know I can't handle this without some help. I am definitely greiving the life I use to have.
Thanks for all the kind words and just being ther.
Hopeful
Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hi Hopeful and Welcome,
I'm glad you could vent with us. We desparately need to do that at times.I'm so sorry about your battle with Blue Cross. It's good you are filing a complaint. It was 4 years before I was diagnosed. I had a wrong diagnosis and cost me full use of my left hand. It is paratially paralyzed due to delay of treatment. But I'm grateful I am mobile. I've had RSD 14 years and now full body and internal. I have a wonderful Dr. and am doing the best in 14 years.
I got the flu and was sick 3 months. Immune system is shot.
How did you get RSD and how long? What part of body? Mine was right after surgery-got frozen shoulder-too a lot of p.t. and massage therapy to get use of shoulder. Was in remission and then got frozen shoulder in the other side.
Are you seeing a psychologist? For me, that was very important. The loss we experience is really like a death. We grieve for the life we used to live. We go thru the stages of grief and it is helpful to have someone to help us.
Journaling has been a big help for me, writing down my feelings and pain, both emotionally and physically. My favorite music is a comfort for me as well as scented candles and reading, watching tv, writing cards to my friends.
Please know we all care what you are going thru. I agree with you, we could never understand what RSD is like unless we have it. This forum has wonderful caring and kind compassionate friends. They truly know what it is like to have so much pain, jolts, electric jerks, pain, burning hands and feet or cold to the bone pain. Take care of yourself. your friend loretta soft hugs
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-15-2009), fmichael (10-15-2009), loretta (10-19-2009)