Thread: Support Groups
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

I am bumping this again because Addy wondered about the support group.

In preparation for our 1st meeting last month we tried our best to get businessess to put up a notice about our new support group. I wrote a piece in our local paper about the importance of TALKING about suicide...we made calls to suvivors who responded positively to the survey about wanting a new support group.

Everyone who responded to our calls, article, and posted notices was interested and glad that we were starting one. And not one of them came. There were only 3 of us at the first meeting...our Moderator, who is not a survivor but is a professional counselor, another survivor and myself.

Several survivors that I've tried to help called and said they would be there in spirit but they just couldn't talk about it (yet).

Some things just never change...I couldn't/wouldn't talk about Michael for 8 years. We continue to hope...it's early yet and other contacts tell me that it's slow when starting a new group.

Thanks for asking Addy.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (10-16-2009), barbo (10-15-2009), Nik-key (10-17-2009), Wren (10-15-2009), ~scrabble (10-18-2009)