View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 03:01 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Wolf,
You know you may have had a reaction to that particular meal, and/or the rsd is spreading.
I'm not a doctor. But, I'd guess it's both.
Or, that meal, exacerbated the spread, to the point that it was apparent.
Hopefully, it was just the meal!

But, what you're explaining is similar to how it spread with me.
My injury was based in the TOS area, and the RSD started right between my shoulder blades, and went Up (to my head, down my arms) from there. (Felt like someone pulled my spine out of my back). Then, many years later, it just seemed that one day I realized it was down my legs, and in my feet.
It's NOT getting Better!
My feet swell, and are discolored. little red bumps on my legs. Like you, I have swelling in my face too, hands, etc.
This does not mean that it's spreading for you!

That's what RSD does. It gets worse. I feel the worst for the young folks who get this, although, they (the medical community) may come up with some better management techniques... You've really got to stay as active as possible, and Fight Back!
That's what kept my RSD at bay for so long. Now, I'm much more sedentary, and I feel like I'm being overwhelmed, since a second accident a decade ago, that pushed the RSD "'over the top", and caused a tbi.
I've had it since '83.
Every year, this time of year, I swear I just can't take it any longer...

About the pepper and spice. I think my body would revolt if I stopped eating any kind of "Hot" stuff I can get! (It is used as a pain reliever, I think "capsasin" is a cream, based on the hot pepper...? (NOT for rsd).

Just don't forget a cookie or a chocolate now and then..
Sugar and Spice and all things nice.... ya know?

Hope you feel better!

pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (10-17-2009)