View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I lost the neighbors dog!

let me explain. I live in a ritzy section of lake front homes, I am "next to" the lake front people without being lake front myself. Most of these folks go away Oct 1, and dont come back till April. Its quiet and nice around here. One of the bigger homes, rented out their In law suite to a young college couple. I have never met them. They called me at 8 this morn. Told me that home owner gave them my phone number in case they couldnt make it back from work, that my husband and I would be happy to walk their doggie. Really?! isnt that nice. He went on to explain about how they wouldnt be back till past midnight, and how the rescue doggie they are caring for would be stuck in his crate for 16 hours if I couldnt get to him. Sheesh! no pressure!

Long story short. I finally agreed. to walk him. I was told he is a nice doggie, very calm, easy going. I hooked up his leash, we hit the street, and I take him for my morning walk with me. A neighbor approached with her dauchand doggie, and this lil beagle flipped out! He wiggled and squirmed and before I could reach down to calm him ZIP! he was gone! He ran and ran and I quickly lost sight of him. The neighbor lady called her hubby out, and they went off walking calling his name. I went back home and got my own hubby. I called the dog warden, and several other neighbors in the surrounding area. The farm owners and such to keep an eye out.

It took 5 hours! of chasing, begging, baby talking and hiking to get this doggie. Afterwards, I called his parents to tell them what happened. They explained that "oh yeah, that leash is broken, and you have to be careful, and oh yeah, he is a rescue dog and is terrified of other dogs, and oh yeah, he is afraid of women, and oh yeah, he has escaped on us several times..."

I was ticked off! Why didnt they tell me this BEFORE?! So, I am exhausted from being in the woods for 5 hours chasing this scared lil doggie. He is home now, and back in his crate with fresh water, and fresh food, but you can bet your bottom dollar I wont walk him again. The parents were quite snippy, and rude to me when I explained the whole thing.

no good deed goes unpunished. I am so upset and have been so emotional all day worried about this dog freezing to death, and the coyotes, and the bears, and the hunters, and ....sheesh! mom and dad were just rude to me! Why do people have to be that way?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (10-16-2009), braingonebad (10-16-2009), ewizabeth (10-15-2009), hollym (10-16-2009), Jappy (10-18-2009), Jomar (10-15-2009), Kitt (10-15-2009), SallyC (10-15-2009), Twinkletoes (10-17-2009), whispers (10-17-2009)