View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi

Had 4 sets of EMG/NCVs. The two different testers are for a reason. One does the electrical impulse side (technician) and the other the neuro/nerve side (neurologist doctor) of your signal.

I've been on different meds at various times. No emphasis was ever placed on any reading being effected by any meds I was taking. I felt like they just inquired as standard procedure, not specific to their testing. No drugs were ever suggested to be withheld prior to testing.

On one set of tests, they used warms towels to heat up my muscles, I think to influence a more "normal" reading in some way, maybe specific to my conditions. Always wondered about that defense technique. They don't warm towels up for nothing. oh, well...

My first pain management doc suggested I take something for anxiety and pain, because I was exhibiting anxiety at the thoughts of another shock and poke traumatic event in my future (2nd set).

Some conditions are surgical. No other way to fix it. So if you're in that group, then I would get a second opinion. Definitely do your homework before laying down for surgery.

There's lots of successful carpal tunnel releases. Keep in touch and let us know how it's going. We all learn from each other.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
millerfa (10-16-2009)