View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 08:15 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you're in the public comment zone. What follows is not CBS News stuff; it comes from other people and we don't vouch for it. A reminder: By using this Web site you agree to accept our Terms of Service. Click here to read the Rules of Engagement.

Comments [ + Post Your Own ]

I was diagnosed with ALS in 2003 and also have no social security benefits available for the same reason.
There is no question that the social security system discriminates against stay at home mothers.
I do not however blame the Bush administration, as these rules were enacted during earlier years of a democratic lead congress. No party is to blame.The system simply forgot,again, about the value of stay at home mothers.Again we see that value is only given to those who personally earn a paycheck.
I devoted myself to being a team partner with my husband. We were a team in the success of his employment, a team in the success of raising good and honest children who are respectful citizens of this great nation, and now, we are a team in fighting this disease that seeks to slow and burden my life. I thank God for my husband, and the value that he gives me. My government may not see me as a contributor, but my husband does, my family does, and my friends do also...and that, along with the graceful care from God, gets me through these difficult days.
They say that I have a very slow progressive form of ALS. It is true that that is a blessing, but just think of how my insurance company sees that, and of how my government may consider that burdensome. I am no longer considered valuable by their definitions.
I hope that there is success to changing these social security rules and the passing of this "fairness act".
Molly Ann

Posted by mersamolly at 01:17 PM : Jan 09, 2007
+ report this comment
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did she have a husband? I don't think the whole story is told
Posted by Xsoldier2 at 12:26 PM : Jan 09, 2007
+ report this comment

The people in office now created the grid lock. What makes you think it can be broken now
Posted by Xsoldier2 at 12:25 PM : Jan 09, 2007
+ report this comment

It really seems like common sense. I do not understand. why the Courts, the Law Makers and the Congress are so slow to act in these matters.
Posted by gotprayer at 12:20 PM : Jan 09, 2007
+ report this comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2007/01...y2340439.shtml

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote