View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks for the replies I have seen an opthomologist.. My eyes are fine. Any visual problems I have is because of my brain. I asked them about visual therapy, and they said it doesn't work and is a waste of money. I still have one more test to take with the neuropsych, so she has not plugged in the data, so all she told me is that so far I have a problem with attention. I do know from taking the tests that I also had problems with the tests using word lists and pairs. When it came to me reciting groups of numbers in order and backwards I did fine with. On the hardest ones I was only like one off or something, if I didn't get it right. I will be interested to see what she finds with the final report. The neuropsych I am going to works full time for the hospital system I work at. She is the head of the neuropsych department for a large hospital system, so I am confident that her results will be accurate. I am pretty much in limbo, waiting on this testing to be done before I go back to the neurologist. I am considering on going to a psychiatrist to get on an antidepressant (I have been on them in the past, but quit taking them..) Who wouldn't be depressed living with what we are going through? I have been trying to stay positive, but the longer it is since the injury, the more anxious I am getting.

Amy
sunshine1alb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote