View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Sometimes, the 'medical speak' works against you. The doctors decide you are a cyber-condriac. You learned about this stuff on the internet and they learned it in medical school. They trump you. Been there, done that, been dissed by the doctors.

I am concerned that you are still taking the Ritalin. Stimulants can be counter productive to brain healing or function for the brain injured. Do you have access to a neuro-psychologist? It might be a good place to get advice about the Ritalin. Maybe the neuro-psychologist can refer you.

Some doctors are concerned that Ritalin can make brain injuries worse. Check out Peter Breggin at www.breggin.com

The Ritalin studies were predominately with comatose patients with a GCS of 12 or much less and hospitalized after regaining consciousness. It appears to be focused at getting the patient out of the hospital faster. It does not show any greater level of recovery.

Talked about having a menstrual period. I though I was giving birth earlier. Turned out it was just impacted bowels. Sometimes, my brain forgets to tell the peristaltic muscles in my bowels to work.

I used to have the severe sweats, only mine tended to be only on the left side of my body. The right half of my body would be bone dry and the left side would be dripping. I think it was connected to a problem I have in my high cervical area/brain stem. I get inflammation at C-1/ left occipital condyle that coincides with these problems

Sometimes, I stop breathing, whether asleep or awake. Good ol' central sleep apnea. It is what nightmares are made of.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote