View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking If Only it were THAT Easy!- A 3 year old's view of CRPS and how I shoul deal with it!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been told that there is a really easy fix to our RSD that we should have thought of already. For me, these range from drinking lots of orange juice to taking a magic vitamin pill.

But my 3.5 year old daughter got to the end of her tether with me recently. I've been in a lot of pain (see my other post if you want the details)
and she asked me to get her a drink. I was sitting on the lounge, at the other end of the house to the kitchen, and said I was too sore to walk there right now but Daddy will get her one in a minute.

She sighed, rolled her eyes and said "Mummy, it's not THAT hard! You just do this!" Then she turned her back to me and showed me what to do
"You do one foot" she said, as she stamped her left foot down "then you do the other foot" she then stamped her right foot down "then do the other foot again then go all the way to the kitchen! It's not hard, you know"

She did the movements very slowly, as if she was teaching the stupidest person in the world how to walk! So I humoured her and said "Ohhhhhh I didn't know that! THANK YOU for teaching me!"

But I shouldn't have said that, as she then made me get up and try to do it myself. I tried, but I struggled as I really couldn't put my right foot on the floor, so before I knew it, she grabbed my right ankle and slammed it down on the floor! "Like THAT Mum!" OMG I nearly died! It's VERY hard to hold your reaction in when you're in front of your kids and you feel pain like that!

But of course she meant well, so I smiled (through gritted teeth) and thanked her for showing me how to walk. I would love it if it was as easy as she thinks, but unfortunately it's not!

Does anyone else have any funny stories about their kids' responses to their RSD? Or any comments you've had from people about how to be cured?

x Kate
AintSoBad (10-16-2009), bassman (10-23-2009), cindi1965 (10-19-2009), fmichael (10-22-2009), loretta (10-24-2009), Mslday (10-19-2009)