View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The humans called me at 8 again this morn! Said how they were going to be away all day, and understood what happened yesterday, and have calmed down, and decided to ...get this..."give me another chance!" Are you kidding me? where is the hidden camera?! I explained that after the rudness, and lack of proper information about their doggie, that I have chosen to NEVER walk him again. I understand that they are new to the area, and I understand that they feel cornered, but I AM NOT AVAILABLE. I gave them the number of a local man who pets sits and house sits. He charges $5 per walk. VERY reasonable. He is retired, and hurting for money. They said "we cant afford $5 per walk. we either have to find something FREE! or we have to leave him in his crate all day!" I told them I was very sorry, but not only was *I* not available, but since they have now told me they frequently leave this doggie in a carrier for 12 hours at a shot, I have to inform the dog warden.

This man went on a venom filled tirade about what peices of crap live in this town, and how I was a useless person who lost his dog...(you can imagine his venom) I just listened as I walked across the room to hand the phone to my husband. He listened for a minute as this man kept spewing and then said "AHEM!" cleared his throat loudly. He went on to say "As law enforcement officers, we are MANDATORY reporters when we see situations that involved minor children or animals being abused, and what you do sir IS abuse! I am not sure who you think you are talking to but you are NEVER allowed to speak to my wife like that again! I will come down the street and explain that to you in person if it would help." the line went silent, and so was my husband. He finally spoke up again and said "either take that dog WITH YOU! or hire help for him. If you leave him we WILL call animal control. We have keys to the whole home that you are living in, and permission from the owners to peek if we hear that dog inside howling again. He finished it by saying "if you are in need of being gone for long periods then GET A CAT!"

the boy hung up on my DH and 15 mins later they stopped in front of the house, beeped the horn, and flipped a bird at my husband. We did see the doggie in the back seat tho. My DH is going to speak to the animal control officer in town today. Sheesh! How come people with money think others are supposed to shine their shoes just for the priviledge of doing it? They pay $900 a month in rent, and cant afford $5 for a dog walk? I saw Xbox, play station games at $50 a pop, fancy shoes, and so forth when I was in there yesterday. you can pay for your toys, but not your "rescued" dog.

I am simply beaten from all of the emotional, physical, and mental energy that was spent yesterday. what dopes!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (10-17-2009), hollym (10-16-2009), Jappy (10-18-2009), SallyC (10-16-2009), Twinkletoes (10-17-2009)