View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 10:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
I kind of figured that the person who insisted that I do the sleep study was thinking sleep apnea. But don't you initially have to be, um, actually sleeping and then stop breathing for it to be sleep apena?
There are many symptoms to sleep apnea. I didn't know I had been having trouble breathing either. I didn't know i would stop breathing...although I did have many times when I would wake in a panic, and think I was having a bad dream...which they tell me is an episode when the person stops breathing. Or if you gasp for breath, that too. It also has to do with the different stages of sleep, with apnea, some people never get to certain stages. Believe me, I was the first to think the doctor was crazy, yet I also read both of my sleep study reports. I also have a low oxygen level.

Have you read in any insomnia forums?

Quote:
Deb, I heard that Melationin is nature and it is better to use for sleep. Do you have to go to health stores to get it?
You can get melatonin any where you can buy vitamins, even the grocery store. I take 6 mgs every night...I use Natrol brand, but I have to be very careful because of my intolerancea, you could maybe try any brand.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

Last edited by darlindeb25; 10-17-2009 at 07:14 AM.
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote