View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Carolyn,

I'd love to share my story. I have chemo-induced PN and have been on Lyrica since July'08. I was originally prescribed 375mg per day which I did do for a couple of weeks but it gave me such a cloudy head in the afternoon and made me sleep like a dead person at night. And I did gain weight. I had already put on a few pounds from my colon cancer surgery, but then I started putting on weight with the Lyrica. The doctor was useless when I asked him about it so I started reducing the dosage to see if I could manage the pain and my weight at the same time. In total I put on 15 additional pounds from the Lyrica. I am down to 75mg per day which takes the edge off of the PN and I joined a gym in April to try to counteract the weight gain. I have managed to not gain any more weight and 2 weeks ago started Nutrisystem so I am down 5 pounds. My goal is to get rid of the Lyrica weight if I can. Your dosage is minimal and you are working out already, you should be able to battle the weight gain issue. Best of luck to you, Pearl
pdonnenfeld@hotmail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-16-2009), Hockey (10-19-2009)