View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Hi, I'm new, but am struggling currently

Hello Everyone!!! I’m brand new here and just joined yesterday (October 15th)
I am a young adult with a weird case and a different type of person. I tend to listen, but not talk at school, but when I’m with others who I know or am not directly in front of people, I can feel more open. I have mental health issues as well as physical issues and need to be able to “talk” to someone who I can be more open with.

I’m very thankful that I found both PsychCentral and then NeuroTalk. It’s like a gift from heaven because I normally feel lost and don’t talk. I’m a great stuffer and bottler, but then eventually explode.

I'm adopted and have no biological knowledge of my past. I just found out what really happened to me. I was told that I was found on the street being 14 days old and transferred into an orphanage. I just discovered though that I was actually found in the Emergency Room and had acute pneumonia and had to be hospitalized for about a week.

I have always questioned who I am, why I’m here, etc because I don’t know my past which has led me to having a lot of problems lately and find it difficult to deal with both many emotional difficulties as well as unknown undiscovered physical difficulties. I have a very rare and unknown case. I have an extremely odd case of insensitivity of pain. I’m extremely pain tolerant, but doctors as well as I wonder why I’m still having such nasty pain. If a “typical” person was in my body without the abnormal high pain tolerance, they would be in so much pain that it’s difficult to imagine. I guess that it’s just another additive of me being one weird case.

I went in for a nasty muscle biopsy which has had its long-term effects which are still occurring after 3 months of the surgery. The test is apparently abnormal. What is known is that my muscles are shrinking (I don't know why) and I have condromalacia patella syndrome (thinning of the knee cartilage). My biopsy has been rather interesting and keeps going to different groups of pathologists.

Currently, I was just shipped off to Pittsburg. The abnormalities are apparently rare and I have seen about 15-20 doctors in the past 4 years. I really want to know what's wrong because it's both aggravating and disturbing to know that something's there, but cannot find a cure to.

I tend to be anti-social in public, but always have my eyes pealed and ears open. I love to talk online and post with people who understand or can validate what's going on with me as far as symptoms go. I don't mix well with my family (mother, sister-also adopted, but not biologically related), but I love my dog and tend to be a loner. It is such a pleasure to find such great self-help sources here on PC and NT. Through using PsychCentral I have been able to improving my coping techniques and using more social skills with peers.

Sorry that I just posted so much (opps!)
Fondly,
~dance59326

Last edited by Jomar; 10-16-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: font color changed
dance59326 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-17-2009), Abbie (10-22-2009), DizzyLizzy (10-16-2009), Hockey (10-23-2009)