View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 10:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 2 yrs of various symptoms

I have been having various symptoms for 2 years now. I first started with a severe headache that lasted 3 months. An MRI of the brain was performed and nothing significant really noted. I had a MRI of the spine and found several herniations in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar. I had surgery on the cervical which help alot with the headaches. I am still weak in the legs, mostly the left. I had a thoracic surgery to fix T7-8. It was only partially repaired and there is still some minor cord compression left. I also have a T 11-12 compression. I have been seeing 2 neurosurgeons about my DDD. After 2 years, I still have alot of issues. I have light sensitivity, sometimes it is really bad. I have eye floaters which can be minor or sometime really bad. I have ringing in the left ear alot. I get these flare ups which causes my face to feal numb, some difficulting speaking and memory issues. I am constanlty fatigue and if I try to push myself, I will have major weakness and issues for 2-4 days. When I get mild headaches, I can swist or crack my neck and releave some of the symptoms. I am slightly dizzy most of the time.

I will have a new neurosurgeon, who is well experience with chiari, looking at my MRIs in the next few weeks. From what I have read about Chiari, I seem to have many of the symptoms. I know that looking at my brian MRI, I do not see a tonsil herniation, but I do see a wide angle at the back of the tonsil which I have read is kind of borederline Chiari.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
jgandee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote