View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi JJ!

Hi Sweetheart! You are getting it for 5 days, right? If so you may want to have a PICC line placed - much less wear and tear on the veins.....

I can only speak form MY experience, but for ME, IV IG is GREAT stuff! Amazing!

The worst part for me was the line - that's why I requested the PICC line....if you DO have one placed they SHOULD do a sonogram of your arm - it will "feed" from around your elbow to right above your heart....THe next thing to remember to take a DEEP breath = literally. It will help with any discomfort. Keep the line DRY @ all times! Notify your dr or nurse if it swells or becomes red. This has NEVER, EVER happened to me - EVER!

As for the IV IG itself, it will be given over a course of several hours - @ first they will check your blood pressure and temp to make sure you are doing OK and will bump it up until they reach max rate.

Make sure to be very well hydrated before you go. It will make you feel better and the process to go faster.

Again for ME, it is AMAZING! The nurses all laugh @ me b/c once I have it in my system they can barely keep up with me! I love that stuff!

Make sure to pack for a LONG day -any books or comfy pillows can be stored by the nurses for you.

Hope this helps!
LOve,
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPA View Post
Hi all..
I will b starting my IVIG on Monday. First time. The hospital just told me they would give me some Tylenol and Benedryl beforehand. I need to know what else I need to do to prepare. I want to do all I can to prevent any side effects.

Thanks to all of you who have been down this road already and can share your words of wisdom with me!

God bless You!!
Jujuan