View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Kate,

I feel for you. What a horrible way to get the doctors to pay attention to your needs.

Maybe now is a good time for someone to discuss the risks associated with concussion with the kids at church. This could be a great learning opportunity for them. Kids tend to think injuries are temporary.

If you ever consider doing an informational bit with the people at church, I can give you some statistics and other simple ideas. It only takes about ten minutes to properly inform kids and their parents of the risks of head injury.

Your seizure study sounds like a great opportunity for understanding. Could they also include some sleep study parameters? Sleep issues are so common with MTBI. I tend to seize just as I start to fall asleep and possible as I transition from the different stages of sleep.

I sleep in my recliner when my wife HAS to get a good night's sleep. Wednesday night, she figures she got three hours of sleep between my mini-seizures. So, last night, I slept in my recliner.

btw, My life changing injury was from a step off a curb and landing with my knee locked. I was carrying a large garbage back out in front of me and had my back arched for balance. The 8 inch drop injured my left hip/pelvis, back, ribs, shoulder, neck and the base of my skull, plus a minor concussion. My life has not been the same since.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-17-2009), Hockey (10-17-2009)