View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 09:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Recently Diagnosed

Hi,

I have been recently diagnosed with CRPS. At first I was prescribed Lyrica and Lidocaine patches. I am not able to take the Lyrica, because it caused severe dizziness. I am now just wearing the patches every 12 hours as prescribed. Anyway, 4 days ago I went to an Orthopedic Surgeon (I went to him originally because I thought my finger was fractured based on the pain I was experiencing) to let him know that I was still experiencing pain, and cannot take the Lyrica. He did refer me to a pain clinic, but sent me on my way with no medication of any kind. He told me that the pain clinic would call within two weeks. I don't know what to do right now, because I'm exhausted from lack of sleep and still in pain with no relief. I have been reading posts here, and I am glad to have found other people with this disease, but I'm feeling very panicky because I don't have the energy to do the things I need to do. I'm also dealing with the people who don't understand this, and say things like "it'll probably just go away." I would love for that to be true, but in the meantime, I need to deal with the pain somehow. Anybody have any suggestions for me until I get to the pain clinic?
Gina_from_Mi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote