View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 11:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow! Thanks Guys!

Mark,

Thanks for the idea of giving a talk about head injuries. We do goof off a fair amount at church and most of the time, I had been known to act like more of a kid than those kids do. I don't think I ever really told them that I can't be like that anymore, and a good talk about head injuries in general would be informative for them.

The seizure study will go on for anywhere between 24 hours and 4 days. I'm not sure exactly what they will be looking at or for. I'll definately let you know when I go for my appt on Tuesday.

PCS Mom,

I know what you mean about conversion disorder, they tried giving me that dx a few months ago, only to find- like your daughter, that I'm psychologically healthy. They rested back on PCS, and now think the initial hit 4 months ago has caused some sort of epilepsy. We'll see after this study, I guess.

I have read about the IMPACT test as well, and a local university here has some sort of study doing something like that. I am trying to get involved in it. I have yet to recieve an answer. I'll keep you posted.

I'm really happy that your daughter is doing well. Normalcy is something I crave all too often. She's really lucky to have 2 parents who love and support her.

Hockey,

Yeah... I guess I don't mind being a lab rat, or guinea pig as you so nicely put it. ;-) I am also willing to take help wherever I can get it. The neuro at the hospital said that the epilepsy could be permanent and if it is, I really want to get help for it.

I'll know more after Tuesday, so I'll keep everyone up to date. Thanks for all the good words and advice!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (10-18-2009)