View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 01:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default headaches/migraines

"Also: these DAMN migraines! Folks in the forum talk about headaches a lot. I don't know if they are migraines or just headaches. I had relatives for whom migraines were some excuse to bore everyone with dramatics at family gatherings--so I never paid the flashing lights any mind. As migraines go, they aren't severe--3's and 4's. But they come day after day, and afterward there is little brain left. Maxalt usually helps."

It's funny you should bring this up. When I was in the hospital recently, they were asking me if I had a headache, and I just laughed and answered that I always have a headache. They found this appalling, but I guess I've just gotten used to shrugging it off.

I wake up every morning with a regular headache at about a 6, as the day goes on, the more I do, the worse it gets. Sometimes just having too many people in the room is not good. Extra stimulation worsens my headache, and if it gets to be too much, it turns into a migraine.

I take Treximet when I get the migraines, but take nothing for the headaches I have every day. I don't take anything, because the effectiveness would wear if I took something every day.

I end up with a migraine 1-2 times a week now, from limiting my activities. When I first started on this road, it was almost every day.

Good luck!