View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 01:25 PM
mhr4

mhr4

Hi Amy,

Lack of motivation can indicate a low production of dopamine. You may want to talk a doctor or any health care practitioner about getting on a dopamine supplement, such as L-Dopa.

I would also recommend staying clear of antidepressants unless you absolutely need to go on them. The side effects are horrible and the withdrawal symptoms are worse. If you feel that you could use a pick me up in your mood, you could also talk to your doctor about getting on tryptophan.

You could also look into neurofeedback. Just google 'neurofeedback' and 'your city' and you should find some therapists in your area. Make sure they have experience dealing with head injuries.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1alb View Post
I'm thinking about going to a psychiatrist to get on an antidepressant. I am tired and never feel like doing anything but laying around on the couch. Actually it is hard to get motivated to do anything at this point. I think it has gotten worse after the sixth month anniversary of my injury in September.. Has antidepressants helped in your situations?

Amy
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (10-21-2009)