View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 01:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concussionkate View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with everyone here. You really have to stop the sports and rest. It sucks, I really hate missing things and feeling cut off. It's hard for me to even get up and go to church on Sundays!

I have a great family and support system, and they make it possible for me to get the rest I need and not feel so sad most of the time. It's tough though, and I'm still taking 10mg of Amitryptyline every night.

I can't wait for some sense of normalcy, but I feel confident that life will never be the same. :-(
i think the same thing they say it can get better but i still thinks its never going to be totally the same like before the injury. an Im on amytriptyline too i started on 25 mg but i moved up to 50 and will be on 75 mg soon. How long does it usually take to work? ive been on it for almost 2 weeks now but i havent really noticed a difference.i have started working out with a trainer some and its going well im up to level 3 now (it goes up to level 5 at the highest intensity) so its good. maybe ill be ready for basketball when it starts in a couple months. even if not games maybe some drills at practice. i hope so may be starting half days of school soon actually excited to go back.
soccer14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote