View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyrica

Hi Gina,

I know how the Lyrica can make you feel. It does make you really dizzy. I am taking 100 mg a day. I take it at night so much of those effects are gone by morning. It does take about two weeks for the dizziness to go away, but it is worth the wait. I also take 750 mg of Naproxen each day. I was taking two 500 mgs but we found a long acting 750 that works just as well.

The Lidocaine patches work for a while but I found that the Lidocaine gel that they use at PT helps a little more. Your doctor can prescribe to be used by your therapist, but they have to mix it with the ultrasound gel or massage lotion to dilute it a little. I wanted to try it straight but they said that it would make my foot numb (yeah, so what's the problem?)

Good luck with the pain clinic. Keep at it until they can help you. If you don't get the answers that you want try a different one. I have one in Ann Arbor that I love. Good Luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina_from_Mi View Post
Hi,

I have been recently diagnosed with CRPS. At first I was prescribed Lyrica and Lidocaine patches. I am not able to take the Lyrica, because it caused severe dizziness. I am now just wearing the patches every 12 hours as prescribed. Anyway, 4 days ago I went to an Orthopedic Surgeon (I went to him originally because I thought my finger was fractured based on the pain I was experiencing) to let him know that I was still experiencing pain, and cannot take the Lyrica. He did refer me to a pain clinic, but sent me on my way with no medication of any kind. He told me that the pain clinic would call within two weeks. I don't know what to do right now, because I'm exhausted from lack of sleep and still in pain with no relief. I have been reading posts here, and I am glad to have found other people with this disease, but I'm feeling very panicky because I don't have the energy to do the things I need to do. I'm also dealing with the people who don't understand this, and say things like "it'll probably just go away." I would love for that to be true, but in the meantime, I need to deal with the pain somehow. Anybody have any suggestions for me until I get to the pain clinic?
ouellem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote