View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 03:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have only been on 10mg of amytriptyline since I've been taking it. I am allowed to take up to 30 mg, but I don't like how I feel if I take too much. I take it to help me stay asleep longer at night. I feel like it helps me keep a handle on my anxiety and depression too.

If I take more than 10mg, I have trouble with vivid dreams and nightmares. It's hard to stay asleep after waking from one of those. Maybe you should ask your doc more about your dosage. When do you take it? Does it make you tired?

I worry about you not getting the rest you need to help yourself heal. I can't imagine working out at high levels. Even my low level basic yoga makes my head hurt after. If you don't allow yourself to get the rest you need, you may not only slow your healing, but you might cause permanent damage.

I know you are excited to get back into things, but you really have to look at the big picture. You seem like you are younger, and it would be a shame for you to have more long-term damage than you need.

I really do understand how you feel, but be careful!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (10-18-2009)