View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 11:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For tops that have pockets have you ever tried scrub tops? (the ones nurses wear).

I have lots of scrubs. I originally bought them when I was going to school to be a med tech, but they were so comfortable that I bought more and now I wear scrub pants alomst all the time, and I wear scrub tops when I need good pockets for things like my cell phone or wallet or keys.

I have my 'around the house' scrubs that I wear as pajamas, and then I have my 'leave the house' scrubs that are nicer and are similar to nice khaki pants but are a lot more comfortable and much much easier to wash and wear (no ironing, no need for a hangar).

I buy my scrubs in a much larger size than I need so that I have extra room for comfort - and since the pants are all drawstring it's easy to buy larger pants and then tie them to fit my waist and then fold the waistline over once or twice to hide the drawstring.

I also buy the tops in a much larger size than what I need. In the summer I wear a tank-top under the scrub top, in the colder months I wear a long sleeve shirt (usually a big oversized mock tutrtleneck) under the scrub top.

The thing I like most about wearing them is that they are very comfortable (so comfortable they feel like pajamas) but at the same time I feel comfortable leaving the house while wearing them because the nicer style scrub pants just look like normal pants, and even the scrubs that look like scrubs - well people just assume I am stopping at the store on my way home from work or something

So I basically get to wear my pajamas to the store without looking like I am wearing pajamas to the store

The only time wearing scrubs out in public becomes a slight problem is when I go to the hospital for any testing (like blood tests). People stop me in the halls and ask me directions to the cafeteria or how to get to the maternity ward.... but I know the hospital so well (I did work there at one point many years ago) so I am able to give them the directins, and it's not that big of a deal

Donna - Since you like jumpers and since your daughter makes them for you -- what about using scrub tops to make the top portion of the jumpers? I don't know a thing about sewing or making clothing, but I would imagine that it wouldn't be too hard to turn a scrub top into the top portion of a jumper.

If anyone is interested in scrubs, I find that Marcus Uniforms has the best sales and prices for regular plain scrubs, and that Lydias Professional Uniforms has the best selection of the more pretty and fancy scrubs.

Hope that helps,
Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote