View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 06:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanB View Post
At that point I just stopped listening. She was a nurse practioner, to be precise, and actually "shushed" me when I was voicing a concern about something else! I started seeing the neuro after that and needless to say, I'm having all my records transferred to a new PCP's office.
*** I realize I am just 1 of many patients my PCP is responsible for and I understand my rights under my insurance policy -- so when my neurologist ignored my requests for assistance (I had copied my PCP as well) I turned to my PCP who said only the neurologist could change my meds (nortriptyline was my second drug after gabapentin stopped working -- but I was having very bad side effects), so I simply called the neuology department and when they told me it would be at least 6 weeks until my neurologist could see me, I said my next stop would be the emergency room, suddenly my meds were switched and I was given a new neurologist with an in-person appointment in about 2 weeks.

*** My feeling (and, I guess, my attitude) is -- "I pay 4 &%^ing hundred dollars a month for this program, so let's get it straight -- you work for me". Being treated as a moron or ignored is unacceptable, particularly when I have more information about my condition and the effects (side and bad) of my meds, then I am going to become aggressive.

*** Not rude. Aggressive. And, of course, polite and grateful when I get what I need. I am surprised and shocked to see how much money I pay out of pocket (and insurance premiums). $8500.00 plus a year!

Cowboy...
rscowboy2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (10-19-2009)