View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Did your blood work include the B-12? You want to be at the top of the normal scale for B-12 and Folate.

I take 2 B-50 complex tablets plus an additional 200 mg of B-6 and 250 mcg of B-12 and 400 mcg of Folate. I am 180 pounds. With all of that, I am just above the top of the recommended scale.

A multi-vitamin will have very small amounts of B's. Be sure to get a good supplement of anti-oxidants, too.

Sounds like you need to get back on the nutrition wagon. There are some liquid forms of these nutrients. They are just more expensive. I know how hard B-50 can be to take. They are horse pills. I have decades experience at taking pills so they are not a problem.

I find that it is sometimes easier to take large pills with a lightly carbonated beverage. I add some 7-UP to my cran-raspberry juice. With that, I can take about 6 horse pills at once. I like to get it over with.

I have been dealing with Post Concussion Syndrome for over 30 years. I have fallen off the wagon a bunch of times. Now, my wife has learned how to notice my behavior changes and get on my case to get back on the wagon.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote