Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 11:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tyson,

I shouldn’t say this, but I think your mom posts on another MG site, or the coincidence is overwhelming. If it is her, she is very concerned about you overdoing it. Listen to your mom!

I was 37 when I had my thymectomy and was very active. It sucked being held back from the things I enjoyed doing. I know that it is hard to hear from a now 48-year-old “old fart” to cool it until you are healed, but you don’t want to do any further damage to your health. I remember being 17 and believing that I was invincible and could do anything I wanted, but unfortunately MG and especially surgery makes no discrimination in age.

You may need to make a few TEMPORARY lifestyle changes until you are completely healed. Just cool it for while, but know that when the time is right you can get back into your former routine and be the athlete you were before the MG hit. If you can’t, then you need to make the best of your new situation.

Wishing you the best of luck, but don’t hit the track until you are TRULY ready!

Jim

(Part of growing up and being an adult is learning you strengths and limitations. Growing up sucks!)
JimInMI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote