View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
*** I get confused between Melatonin and Valeriun root. (Never mind my spellin' problems). I use Excedrin PM for pain and sleep -- perhaps I should try one, the other, and/or both. I got at regular drug store. But there's something you are supposed to look for in the preparation. Or doses. I don't know -- information overload. I do have a jar of both at home -- old - but I'll pull them out and look them over tonight.
My sleep doctor was very much against valerian root, so I didn't try it. He doesn't like melatonin, because it isn't FDA approved, but it works for me, unless I am overly stressed.

As for Excedrin PM, or any of the PM's, he says absolutely not. He says they are not condusive for good sleep. They do things to the brain that can not promote good sleep, and I believe him, I got rid of all of mine.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote