View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
Wow.. I've never heard or read anything that said MS doesnt directly cause numbness in the extremities. My neuro told me that my current whole-left-side-of-my-body-from-the-neck-down numbness was caused by a spinal lesion...probably at C4. (we know I had one there in 2006...)

Where did you read this?

as for suggestions on what to do for them...got none. I just did a 2wk taper of oral pred, hoping that my left side would wake up, or at least the hand would, and it did nothing, nada, bupkiss for the numbness...at least I dont feel like my hand is being crushed anymore. The pain was pretty bad, and I know it was nowhere near as bad as it could have been.

I could barely move my fingers at the worst of it...at least now I can crochet some, knit some and type fairly well. (actually have more problems typing than I do when I do yarn-y stuff...)
Erin, I'm not sure now where I read it. I'm probably imagining it or dreamt it.Sometimes my hands feel really numb and sometimes they feel very very sensitive. Sometimes they feel very cold...sometimes hot like burning. That probably sound weird. Maybe I'm losing my mind! not sure of anything these days.
thanks

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote