View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 02:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmullen View Post
for the last few months, both knees, which are affected by rsd my right is worse then my left. but they have had the worst sharp bone pain. i can hardly bend my knees without going into spasm.the pain is horribly sharp and feels deep in my bones. also they have been giving out, more then usuall. and i have been becoming dizzy, not just when i wake up in the morning, but all through the day. has anybody else expereinced any of these? i haven't changed meds or anything.
thanks every one for there support!
Hi T Mullen and Welcome to a wonderful group of caring friends.
Yes, I've had and have sharp bone pain, especially since I feel on my left knee and right hand, twisted lower back. I tripped over a cord.\
The dizziness could possibly be low blood pressure. RSD is a disorder that affects the involuntary organs. The sympathetic system raises our blood pressure and the parasympathetic nervous system will lower it. I am on two meds for high blood pressure. One morning I woke up and ran into wall, door and passed out in the bathroom. I was out an hour and half my husband says. Was in semi icu for 4 days. RSD is an autonomic disorder, which affects our involuntary organs. circulation, and immune system. You can get a blood pressure kit for about $25 at Costco. I take my on a regular basis.
I know it's scary, but important to monitor it and also eat every 3-4 hours.
I attended our monthly support group meetings for rsd yesterday and we had a wonderful meeting on building our immune system up- by a RN nutritionist.
I've had RSD 14 years, full body now and internally, but I'm mobile and keep trying to be as active as possible. I almost died-my blood pressure went down to 60/40 In fact paramedic told him he thought I was dead, couldn't find a pulse.
Do you have a regular Dr. a nuerologist or pain management Dr?
Please continue- there are so many friends with a wealth of knowledge, willing to share and be of help.
RSDSA is a national group and if you go to it, they have a spot for your zip code and you get a name and phone number of closest support group leader. Also RSDRX.com is a wonderful site with a Puzzles List of 146 questions about RSD and Dr. Hooshmands answers. He practiced in Florida and is now retired, but has a referral Dr. SO MUCH GOOD KNOWLEDGE>
Please know we are here for you, and happy to share whatever we can.
\Take care, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-18-2009)