Thread: Remission in MG
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Rach, You might have a shot at remission or a better quality of life if you could get a better quality of doctor!

Shar, Keep that dream alive anyway. Who knows, maybe after hormones die off, you will feel better. Or not. You never know what the body can do. If people can use meditation, etc. to keep cancer away maybe we can use our brains to make MG better.

Alice, I can't read anymore either. Too hard to hold a book.

Kate, I'm sorry you are having so many side effects. Why does it have to be a trade-off?! And there is no "normal" with MG. Haven't the neuros figured that out yet? Geez, they see that one bizarre and grotesque photo in one of their medical books, read those few paragraph about MG and think they understand the disease.

Jim, Of course I remember you! Sorry it took so long to get back - I didn't go back and read the post. I'd like a beer too. MG and celiac make that impossible. And a job. A date would be nice too. Or anything else resembling a normal existence. I'm glad you are doing relatively good though. Glad you're not in the heat of Texas anymore.

The choice between drugs and no or not so many drugs is a very hard one. And can be complicated, as it is in my case. Quality of life is very important but so is actually being alive. I'll never have the life I want and barely the life I need. It's an adjustment no one should have to make.

Thank you for all your responses.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (10-18-2009)