View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 07:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MRI - good results (i think!)

Visited the neuro doc to hear about the results of the MRI... I had planned for the worst and got 'good' news. All he saw was evidence of "small vessel ischemic disease ". He said since the Gabapentin has solved the 'pain', we should just come back in 6 months for another MRI and compare to see where we are then.
It was good news.. but confusing. We still don't know why this happened nor if it will happen again. My husband continues to feel better - he says 'almost normal'!!! He still takes the Gabapentin (2 pills at night). I just can't believe where he was 1-1/2 month ago.. and where he is now.. it's day and night!!! Was it really just a B12 deficiency? And if so, why did he get deficient?
So... as healthy as he feels now, we're still going to the Mayo in Jacksonville in 8 days. What would others do, continue to look for a cause? Or, save our $$ because he's feeling better? So far he's been diagnosed w/ Axonal Neuropathy and Small Vessel Ischemic Disease.. (and i believe those are unrelated).
I feel almost embarrassed that we were so worried...if it was something as small as a vitamin deficiency.. i feel like we cried wolf for nothing... but the 'nothing' took the 'life' as we know it out of my husband.. that's scary!!!
thanks for listening... i'll let you know if the Mayo gives us any answers beyond what we've learned. thanks for being here... i don't know who else i could have talked to that wouldn't have thought i was a worry-wart!
ididit1960 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-19-2009)