View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 08:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Allchiariout

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllChiariOut View Post
Hi there, I also had my Fourth surgery in August
it has been a very rough road, as far as the recovery everyone is different,I'm having the exact same symptoms you are having, with the exception of every other day I develop a bad headache, I'm thinking of trying Acupunture because the pain Meds are horriffic, please take it easy the symptoms only get wosre if you don't take it easy. I read and agree with one of the other members the Surgeons are pretty much done with you after Post Op follow up, so it's up to you stay on them, I've been off work now for 7 months and from March up to now I've had three surgeries, I hope you the best I'll let you now how it goes with the alternative pain relief.

Living this whole thing has been nothing more than a nightmare to say the least. How are we expected to still be mothers, wives and employees when we can barely take care of ourselves ? I have so many questions and the surgeons office doesn't really have answers.... I had my surgery Sept 3,2008 and my head still at times feels fuzzy like before the surgery. Is that because the swelling inside is still slowing down the spinal fluid? Dis you have any of that. ? Is it normal for your scalp on one side to be numb-like, is it normal when you try to tilt your head toward your left or right shoulder that your balance / off feeling. I don't want to say vertigo - but sort of dizzy... How about walking around- is it normal to still be tired after a bit...? I know it has only been 12 days for me. Yesterday was an excellent day but last night, I didn't sleep much and it pretty much kept me on the couch all day. I think 5 hours wasn't enough for recovery.. what is normal ? what do other people feel ..? I am looking for information or anyone to help or talk to..... seems like there is no one that has had this surgery around here..... any advise would be nice..... THANKS !!!
Hi there, I also had my Fourth surgery in August
it has been a very rough road, as far as the recovery everyone is different,I'm having the exact same symptoms you are having, with the exception of every other day I develop a bad headache, I'm thinking of trying Acupunture because the pain Meds are horriffic, please take it easy the symptoms only get wosre if you don't take it easy. I read and agree with one of the other members the Surgeons are pretty much done with you after Post Op follow up, so it's up to you stay on them, I've been off work now for 7 months and from March up to now I've had three surgeries, I hope you the best I'll let you now how it goes with the alternative pain relief.
brainiac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote