View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi and welcome to Neurotalk! you will find tons of support here!

we have all have had an experience with a doctor that has not believed and told us to suck it up. but that is certinatly not the answer. our pain is very very real.

physcial therapy is the right answer, we have to keep the effected area moving as much as it hurts. also try to desensitize. start by rubbing tissues on the foot, then a soft blanket, a wash cloth ect. this will help with the sensetivity. but look in your area and try to find a PM doctor that focus on RSD.you can try naurontin that has helped many people. personally i am on Amitriptalyne. and that is all.to help with the purple and color change, try to keep the area warm. i prefer heating pads and heated blankets! your best shot for remission is to get a treatment plan as soon as possible. but look into the doctors in your area. ask your doctor how much experience he has with RSD.
i have had rsd for six years and am only a teen. i have it in both legs and in my back. right now i am in a horrible flare up, and am seeing a new pm doctor, who is going to try spinal cord stimulation

if you need any support or have any questions feel free to private message me . i'd be more then happy
tmullen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-19-2009), fmichael (10-19-2009)