View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Stephanie, Welcome.

It's unusual to need oxygen 24/7 but some people need it at night. Have you seen a cardiologist and pulmonologist to rule out other problems? If not, please do! If you have an inability to heal, maybe you have a PFO (patent foramen ovale) or ASD (atrial septal defect) in your heart. We all have a hole in our hearts at birth but they usually close up in the first few years. I have a PFO.

Have you had a consult with a rheumatologist? Or dermatologist about the keloids?

Chest pain needs a complete evaluation right away. It might be as simple as costochondritis (inflammation of the breast bone area) or something more serious.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cos...dritis/DS00626

A thymectomy is a huge surgery, since they usually (though there are other ways to do it) crack open the sternum like they do in open heart surgery. I had consulted with a surgeon about a thymectomy and closing up my PFO and they said we could pluck out your thymus but the PFO would be the major aspect. They wouldn't do either (too many complications for me).

Has anyone discussed IVIG? Plasmapheresis?

It sounds like you need more doctoring. There is always a reason for why things are happening, why you are having symptoms, don't heal well, etc. Someone needs to help you figure all this out! I hope you'll seek out help soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote