View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 04:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hey!!

Thanks Annie, Jujuan, Ally, Kate, everyone! Dad got discharged today!!!!

The turn of events happened quite quickly, somehow the Maxalon worked and dad's able to tolerate at least clear feeds now. But he has to be on morphine, maxalon infusion and lots of other meds the whole day. He vomitted again after returning home, guess its due to too much movement all at once. From discharge to home.. But I'm glad he's home.

The hospital recommended hospice home care, so the nurse will drop by at least once a week to check on things, replace his maxalon infusion bag, and prob just to ensure things are in check. Am grateful for this service and the fact that its provided free for us.

Annie: Thanks for all the advice. The palliative care doctors for my dad are really nice, and his own doc also gave us her own mobile to call at any time of the day. So far the meds are working, but still only clear feeds allowed for at least a mth. He also cant walk further than 20m due to his lung infection for at least a week.

Jujuan: Thanks for your analogy! I do believe in that as well, and yeah. Its quite a bit of struggle now with my health and everything, but thank God that constantly there's also blessings in my life, like getting to know this forum and all of u. =)

Ally: Yup. That neuro's sort of striked off my list. Lol. Don't intend to see him again, decided to go back to my original neuro and talk it out with him. If its really all in my mind, then i really dont understand how come it gets worse when I'm out enjoying myself. Lol.. My prayers sound similar to urs.. I just pray for strength and peace now.. For myself and my family. And also wisdom. And for them to know God, for He has been a great source of comfort to me, and I know how tough it must be for them to deal all these without knowing God. Everyone has their own struggles, and its not fair for me to say I have more on my plate than all of u. We're all good in some, and worse in some so I'd say thats why we're all here for one another! *hugs*

Kate and Simon: Thanks thanks thanks. I try and update cos I just dont want u all to worry about me. I wish u guys were all here and I could get big hugs from u all...

Last of all, yes, I really do think the prayers are working.. Lol...

ConnieS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote