View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Tmullen,

I know for me, when I have done too much, my knee and RSD pain gets a LOT worse! I have been onto an Intense Physical Therapy course in London and the PTs had me on the exercise bikes (I never really got to the point of running as I spent 13 months in a wheelchair and my muscles were extremely week) and it caused my RSD to flare up for days after that! I think it actually caused me to go backwards again.

It sounds like the running could have made your pain worse, too. Don't let anyone force you into doing something you can't - there's a fine balance with doing too little and doing too much and it's SO hard trying to find that balance!

I hope you find some medications to help you soon. I have been on Amitriptyline but couldn't tolerate it (I had a side effect of blurred vision which resulted in a spread of the RSD). Lyrica didn't work for me and I gained a lot of weight so decided to come off it.

I'm going to PM you now with my email address!

Hope you are feeling better,
Alison
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmullen View Post
thank you everybody for your quick reponses! i have found such a comfort here.
the doctors have mentioned that i have loose joints, but that's about it. the only medicine i am on is amitriptaylne and melatonin. the doctors have refused to give me anything other then that. i've tried neurontin, lyrica, cymbalta, and lidoderm pain patches. none of them have seemed to work. i will keep everybody posted. and thanks again for all the support. does anybody think my knee pain could be associated with running? my pt's in boston were making me run everyday. even though i was falling and crying. that's what me and my parents think could have brought on so much pain. my knee grinds and pops all day long!

dear ali12. please pM me. i'd love to talk to you. it's hard to find somebody our age, that knows what were going through.

have a great day everybody
fmichael (10-31-2009)