View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I found that I needed to build up my stamina first. I started with walks to the mailbox. everyday. there and back. Then when I was not completely exhausted or woozy from it, I walked across the street each day, and pushed it to down the road a bit, and back, and before long I found I am walking up and down the whole road. (1.1 miles) it has helped my stamina inside as well.

I know you spoke of weight loss, but your goal to start with should be some stamina. it will improve the way you feel as well as your balance. Controling diet, and adding exercise will help with the weight. I found laying around the house, I burned precious few calories, yet fed myself as if I was still active.

They have those rubber band things that you stand on and pull on or tug on that will help create resistance. It will help build muscle. Yoga is amazing! its slow, it burns calories, and it helps your endurance as well.

Have your hubby prop your bike up so the back wheel doesnt touch the ground, and ride in front of your TV. walk in place, or do sit and stand, sit and stand on a hard chair for 15 minutes. this will help your leg muscles.

There are several places on the internet for elderly exercise. I found using small simple stretches to start as if I was 90 really helped me. As I felt better, I added to it.

Way to go!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (10-19-2009), SallyC (10-19-2009)