Thread: venting!!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 12:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mike,
Blue Cross did originally pay for my ketamine treatments then decided they were experimental/investigative. The most Dr. S's office could do for me was to send me his lastest research findings in hope that would help. It didn't seem to have any bearing on BC decision. I just received the answer to my appeal over the weekend and they denied it again.
Hopeful
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZZ74 View Post
United health paid for all of my procedures. all arrangements were made my dr. s 's office , I never spoke directly with the insurance company. im a little confused in this thread so I apoligize! cz
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Pete -

It bears noting - and we could conduct a poll on it if need be - that Dr. Schwartzman's office appears to have a special way of ultimately working their way with insurance companies, at least based on ancetodal reports. (I know that, when he was treating me, I had no problem being approved for in-patient lidocaine and then low-dose ketamine infusions, although I never made it to the latter due to a pre-existing glaucoma diagnosis.)

It's one of the many things that persons who are fortunate enough to be his patients have to be greatful for.

Mike
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (10-19-2009)