View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoKidsTwoCats View Post
CYN, during summer that cooler room at Costco is my favorite place to be when out shopping!! During winter, it sets off MS symptoms for me. Especially vertigo and leg spasms!!

Costco originally was known as Price-Club. We joined them in 1985 in Omaha, NE. A few years later they changed the name.

The only BJs I have been in was in Fairfax, VA. At the time I didn't see enough difference in them and Costco to add the membership cost to our budget.

Now we use both Sam's (mainly for gas because it is closer) and Costco (I like the Kirkland brands and their optical dept).
Was Price Club the same thing as PACE? (another Costco-like store) There was a PACE here in Omaha in the mid to late 1980s. (it was near 108th and Dodge if you remember how to get around in Omaha) They changed the name in the early 90s...it became Sam's Club!

We still have plastic tote boxes that say PACE on the side that my dad used to get there. (black plastic, no lids) We used one of them to plant jalapenos and green peppers in earlier this summer. Made a nice little planter.

Edited to add:

I got curious, so I googled PACE and Price Club...found a Wikipedia entry for them! Seems most of the bulk shopping places are all related to each other in their origins somehow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warehouse_club

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~

Last edited by Erin524; 10-19-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: edited to add link
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-19-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (10-19-2009)