Thread: My Smokey
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 04:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Hi Ann

Ive been really trying to do good--but its only been a week since we lost Smokey & I cant tell you how hard this week has been. Ive looked for him so many times that I cant count. Somethings just off----if you know what I mean?

You're right---even though its not the first time that we've lost a "baby"----it sure does feel like it. The other ones that we lost were "murdered" by a drunk that used to live close to us---but he's gone from the neighborhood now--which Im so glad that hes not around here anymore. He cant kill anyones animals.

Im really glad that you told me about this place---it really helps alot. Like I told Doody-----Ive gotten more sympathy here than I have from my own family & they knew Smokey. They were so "afraid" that Smokey was going to "eat" their small dog that they would panic when Smokey went down the driveway. Even thou we told them over thousand times that Smokey wasnt going to hurt their dog they still didnt listen to what we said.

Getting the sympathy that Ive gotten here means more than ya'll will know. It lets me know that there are people who care.
I really was begining to wonder if there were people that care or if it was just a myth---now I know. Its just too bad that I cant get any from my family for any reason at all.
Thanks again for your kind words---they mean the world to me.
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77
I've been thinking of you Janet.

How are you managing?

I've been in the same place as you are now.... too many times to write about .... and every time feels like the first. No pet's passing feels any less painful than another.

I understand what you're going through ... as do so many other NT members.

I'm so glad you posted here, and reached out to this wonderful group of people. What nicer introduction than to ask for solace and receive it.
tiredofpain07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (10-19-2009), tamiloo (10-21-2009)