View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoKidsTwoCats View Post
Erin, I think it was PACE not Price Club. I remember there was talk of it merging with Price Club(costco), but they went with Sam's instead. We moved to TX before they did that.

I never could get the hang of navigating Omaha. I use to drive to Pappillion to a grocery store that had good prices and rebate forms! I remember a Pontiac dealership on Farnam? that was near PACE. I mostly stayed at Offutt or Bellevue for shopping. DO they still have Shopko there... it was just north of Bellevue...I think?!
There are still Shopko's here. I think there's one in Papillion, and there's one in West Omaha that I havent been to in a few years (they're a bit overpriced I think) I cant remember if Bellevue has a Shopko now or not. I havent been into Bellevue for about a year now. But, like I said, Shopko's a bit overpriced, and where I live we have a Target and a Kmart within a half mile of my house and a Walmart about 2 or 3 miles away. Easier to get to for me. I havent been to Target in awhile tho because they remodeled and their lights are so harsh that it ticks off my optic nerve and makes me want to rip my eyeballs out thru my nose.

I think there was a Chevy dealership near Pace...it was just a few businesses over from the McDonald's that I worked at in the 90s. (that McD's was on 114th and Dodge...they tore it down a couple of months ago to rebuild a new McD's, which is good because when I worked there, the walls were rotting out...and I left there in 96.)

I kind of liked PACE before Sam's took it over. I remember they occasionally used to sell crochet and knitting kits of yarn that came with a pattern for an afghan. Bought one of two of them, that was always fun. You dont see the big box places carrying stuff like that anymore.

It's always fun to go to Sam's and Costco. Especially during sample time. Love the samples. That's where we fell in love with these pita crackers that we munch on all the time. To the point that we buy a new box almost everytime we go there now. (both Sam's and Costco carry the crackers, just different flavors)

We bought a new vacuum at Costco a few weeks ago. Got an Oreck. Our cleaning lady was happy about that. She uses a Dyson for most of the houses she cleans at, but a couple of her customers want her to use their Orecks to do their carpets. So, she edges the carpet with her Dyson, and then does the rest of the floor with the customer's Orecks. So, we're probably going to let her do that at our house too. (she prefers the Dyson for going around the edges for some reason...plus she can use the Dyson on wood and tile floors, which you cant do with most Oreck's.)

The Oreck cost us $300 at Costco...same vacuum at the Oreck dealer was about $100 more.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote