Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need Advice

This may go on for a while, I need some advice. 20 years ago I hurt my back for the first time. In 1989 I had my first Laminectomy, a couple more since. June 2006 I had a cervical fusion done from c4 to c7. In April 2008 I had a Lumbar fusion done from L3 to S1. Nothing but problems since and 4 or 5 additional MRI's. BTW both Cervical and Lumbar were done by the same Neuro Surgeon. Today I went for a second opinion since the pain management (Epidurals, Cordals, Facet Injections, Percocet, Oxy and most recently Nucynta) havn't helped. The Orthopedic surgeon that I saw today did something that my Neuro hasn't done in years, he took some good old fashioned x-rays first and when he came into the examining room to speak to my wife and I, he said I was a mess and proceeded to show us a broken pedicle screw in my neck with a piece of the screw floating about 3 inches away from the plate, and to add insult to injury my lower back x-ray showed another broken screw there and he says that I now need a CT scan and another mylogram (my third over the years, and I was sick to my stomach after each of the others) because he doesn't think the fusion in my back took. Anyway, I can handle one of the 16 screws in my back and neck having a problem, but 2 of them broken at the same time and no one noticing after my complaining for the last couple of years seems like a very bad coincidence, and I don't believe in coincidence. What the heck is going on here, is it me or is it the Doctors or the parts manufacturers etc. I know this seems to just go on, but I need to vent. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Frankv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote