Old 10-19-2009, 07:18 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_666 View Post
...and now I'm saying it again.

Can not understand why any doctor does not try opiates first. Safer, much more likely to lessen the pain, and if ya need to come off of it, fairly easy, comparatively. (comparatively, mind you) I find it amusing that all the new drugs, which cost huge amounts of cash and are more dangerous, are the 'first choice'. Hmm...can you say kickbacks? I knew you could...

Smoke..... How you been?

I must say, that I've been alarmed at the rate that these expensive meds are being written.
Thousand dollar a month drugs. WHAT? Would you pay that if you didn't have insurance?
Yea, yes, I've paid a lot for my insurance.
But, I don't consider it a reason, to simply get the most expensive treatment!
Expensive = Good Result? Haha, Try Again!

I've been a business person, all my life.
It doesn't add up to value.

I take methadone for pain. My doctor gives me samples of anything expensive. (I know, that costs too).

But, I still don't want to see my Ins. co. paying big bills! It doesn't boost my Ego!

My methadone, compared to anyone's OxyContin, is about $30/mos., add in the $15, for Miralax, the adjunct laxative that keeps things moving.
And, say, $45....
How's that compare to a Gee Whiz ($1000.) Script for some fancy thing that people sell too often on the street?
It just doesn't work for me, and yes, I've tried it.

I like old tried and true, things. in almost any phase of life.

Most Every person I've known personally to be put on OxyContin, has come off it, within a year.
Same with all the other "New" "HD" Pain relievers.

I, personally like to keep it simple.
And,, methadone has some problems. It can shut down your breathing! I have a bad case of Apnea, so I use a CPAP machine when I sleep.

There is No patent on Methadone!
So, it's inexpensive!
Why would anyone think that "they're worth" the most expensive drug?
Does it relieve your pain, to think or know that your ins. co is paying so much for you?
Gimme a Break....

It's been my prediction, to all my friends who have rsd, that, they'll be on methadone within a short period of time....
But, the Drug Company Sales People, who come in, EVERY MONTH, and order a big, paid for, lunch for the entire office, isn't pushing Methadone!
(Ya'll got your eyes open on this stuff?)

No, they want to sell the PROFIT MAKING DRUGS!
And,
it's getting "Pushed" onto YOU!
Feel good about that?
Then carry on....

If you're wisdom, rather than Ego driven, talk to your doctor, on an intelligent, and frank basis....

If you're thinking, what have you got to lose? I'll tell you in one word....

PAIN!

Be well, ,ya'll....

love, and peace,,,,,

pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote